Sunday, May 07, 2006

More From Boy. . .

Brother Dear dabbles in writing fictional ramblings on occasion, some of which are quite thought-provoking. His most recent Xanga post is sure to provoke a bit of reflection. Here is a snippet:

I had a dream last night. I found myself in a man's house while he was kneeling before a shrine. The shrine had a number of grotesquely fashioned statues on it. He was praying to the idols, asking for protection, security, and a happy life. I waited while he prayed, because I did not want to disturb him. After a few minutes, he got up, turned around, and saw me. He smiled and greeted me as if he did not think it was strange that I had just appeared in his house. I noticed a small gold chain around his neck with a cross at the bottom. I asked him what it was, and he said that he was a Christian. I obviously looked confused, since he grinned and pointed back to the shrine. "Oh, that. I get that a lot. But people are just being legalistic. I guess you think it's inconsistant of me to pray to these statues if I'm a Christian?"
Read Ben's whole post here.

No comments: