Away we look up the great big rock
Our destination is the very top!
We march away with firm determination
To get to our great destination
Though the first part up is rather un-steep
Still Friction must assist and guide our feet
As we travel further and the going gets rougher
Keeping a sure foot-hold gets even tougher
Friction, my friend, my ever-present helper!
What a blessing you get the further upper
That we trod upon this great big rock
For you keep me from many falls and unpleasant shock
I place my foot with confidence and trust
I know you won’t let me fall to the dust
My feet are set on an incline so great
And your God-given powers keep me standing straight
Friction, friction, what wonders you bear!
What this world would be without you there
We’d have slipping and sliding and all things colliding
Thank God for you, our companion, ever-abiding
1. Playing Apples to Apples. Ashley, Paul, and Amy (Ashley's sister) came over for a fun evening of food, chess, comic books, and sewing!
2. Resting while hiking up. (Friction is even hard at work here, while we're sitting!!)
3. At the top, holding hands (everyone say, "aw!"), looking at the amazing view, and pointing out certain landmarks to Adrian.
4. I think they're kind of happy.
5. In front of the carving! Sadly the carving isn't all that clear in this picture.
6. In front of my dream house. ;-)
7. I think Adrian likes Susan's hair a little too much. He took this picture.
That's all for now, folks!
--Hannah, aka Sister Dear