Monday, May 01, 2006

If the IRS had discovered the quadratic formula. . .

This is hilarious. Filling out my taxes this year, I felt like an overgrown preschooler doing a gigantic worksheet that made little sense. Now take your purple crayon and circle all the boxes that are labelled with an odd number. It really is laughable how funny a 1040 form reads, and how complicated it is! I guess it all comes together in the end, but not very coherently. The annual April ritual is yet another reason I favor a national sales tax that would render the current tax code obsolete. Ah well. Meanwhile, read this worksheet for a laugh.

4 comments:

Adrian C. Keister said...

That is quite fun. Thanks for the link!

In Christ.

Ashley said...

Aha! The quadratic formula makes sense to me now!

I decided after this year that next time, I am having my mom (the accountant) do my taxes. Either that or tell my boss that I don't want a bonus; it just makes things more confusing.

Becky Miller said...

I love how your childhood experiences (like with Square One) led to your fascination with math. I am that way with words - writing and reading.

Susan said...

Actually, Becky, I have posts on writing and reading that have been simmering in my draft folder for a few weeks :). Those are two other things that I dearly love, largely due to my childhood experiences.