Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Forgiveness

I really appreciated this post on forgiveness that Ashley wrote over at Onward and Upward. Here are two good snippets:

The biggest thing of all: anything that Tina had done to me, had been done to
Christ. And Christ not only forgave but He paid the price for those sins. How
could I not do the simple act of turning around and forgiving her? It wasn't
easy, I don't think - is it ever? But a necessary step.


What I always love is how God brought things full circle. He took the girl who
used to torment me, and seven years later He used her to draw me closer to
Him.To me, that is the beauty of forgiveness.

Make sure to read the whole post!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I feel honored that you linked to my post from here. :-) And I'm surprised I haven't told you that story before. Although it's not something that still hurts, I still don't like to think about it - if that makes sense. It's interesting to go back and read a few of the journal entries I have from that time.

Mrs.B. said...

What a great post Ashley....thanks for linking to it Susan.

Ashley, I really liked your thoughts on the difference between forgiveness and reconciliation (in your response to Adrian).

Blessings Ladies!
~Mrs.B