Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Creation Museum - Donations Needed

I know many of my blog readers are familiar with Answers in Genesis, a ministry that focuses on origin apologetics from a young earth, 6-day creationist view. Many of you also probably know that for a few years now AIG has been building a Creation Museum in Northern Kentucky, scheduled to open this coming spring. They have purposed to build this project debt free, only building as funds are donated, and some of the museum has been built with gifts-in-kind (donated displays, labor, supplies, etc.).

With a target opening date near in sight, they are down to the wire on the final stages of building, but they are in need of funds to complete the project. Ken Ham has posted a 2-minute message on AIG's site, asking for financial and prayer support in these final months of construction. I encourage you to visit Answers in Genesis and click on his message under "news" on the left sidebar. My family is certainly looking forward to visiting the museum when it opens, hopefully next year!

8 comments:

Ashley said...

"WERE YOU THERE?"
Hehehe

Deb said...

Susan, we are looking forward to going when they open. I was hoping to get to go to one of the Behind-the-Scenes tours, but we weren't able on those particular dates. I'm sure it will be a real testimony when the museum does open. Hey, maybe we'll see you there! :)

Susan said...

*returns "Hehehe" to Ashley* :) . . . actually I was there, with this cute little redhead :).

Deb, we actually did get to take a tour of the museum, in the early stages :). We were up there for a few days the spring/summer they asked for lawncare volunteers, mowing grass, small trees, brambles, etc. The frame of the building was up and the outside looked pretty much done, and they were working on the inside. It was neat to walk through, as they explained where everything would go :).

Father's Grace Ministries said...

God is doing a wonderful work through Ken Ham. I first heard him over 20 years ago at my State (secular) High school. AIG has been a tremendous blessing to me.By the way,Ken Ham is a Queenslander-like me.
Blessings,
Claire

Mr. Baggins said...

I actually got to meet Ken Ham (he knows the family of my in-laws). I had a chat with him about Genesis, and his debates with old earth creationists like Kaiser. That was really fun. My in-laws' relatives are heavily involved in sponsoring this project, and my wife's uncle, Dan Manthei, is one of Ken's best friends. So that's pretty neat.

Mr. Baggins said...

By the way, would you like to have the recent comments hack on your blog? ;-)

Susan said...

That's rather neat that you have close connections to Ken Ham, Lane. We've supported AIG for years and been to a number of AIG conferences. They have some great material.

And yes, I think I would like the recents comments hack. I've pondered the acquisition for some months, actually, and more seriously after you made the general offer on Adrian's blog. I'll e-mail you soon to ask how to get it to work. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I want to visit the Creation Museumn too, but I am not sure that it is likely to happen! My list of desired locations and people to visit in the USA is so long that I feel like I'm never going to go because I know I won't be able to "see it all"!