Tuesday, February 14, 2006

A Valentine's Day Prayer from a Maiden-in-Waiting


Lord, today I count abundance, not drought. I may not have the romantic love of a man, but I have your unconditional love; I have the love of the Creator of the Universe! I have the love of my Savior. You didn't just tell me that you loved me, Lord; you showed me you did by dying for me.

John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that someone lays down his life for his friends.

I thank you, Lord, for the great love of two godly parents, the love of a brother and sister, and the love of countless extended family and many friends.

I am blessed, Lord. My life is not absent of love; rather, it is overflowing with the love of many, many people. I do not deserve such love, but I thank you for it.

I pray that someday I will have an earthly bridegroom, but for now I am learning to cherish my Heavenly Bridegroom. Lord, draw me still closer to you.

Amen.

3 comments:

Adrian C. Keister said...

Amen.

Jessie said...

My thoughts ran in a similar vein today, Susan. There is so much to be thankful for in my Savior's love that I don't always recognize or appreciate! No earthly groom loves me now, but "the God of the whole earth" does, so how can I feel cheated?

For thy Maker is thine husband; the Lord of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.
For the LORD hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God.
For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee. . .
For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee."

Isaiah 54:5-7, 10

Susan said...

I read your blog post yesterday, Jessica and loved it :). How encouraging. Love the verses. Isaiah 54:5 has been a favorite of mine for quite a while.