Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Time For a Short Break

I need to take a (hopefully short) hiatus from blogging. I have a quilt and bridesmaid dress that both really need to be done within the next 3 weeks, and recently my sewing time has turned into blogging time.

I love, love, love all the good conversations I get to engage in through blogging, and I do not see blogging, when properly used, as a waste of time. Far from it, in fact. I have grown so much as a result of the influence of people whom I have never met in person. It never ceases to amaze me how many different ways the Lord can work in my life :).

I am aware that at this present time my priorities need to be on other things that are more pressing. While away from blogging I will also doubtless be assessing the proper use of time spent blogging :). I can always use refinement in the area of time management and stewardship. By the way, anyone looking for a way to manage blogging, be sure to check out Adrian's post on a blogging tracker software. This software has been a huge help for me in the past few weeks.

Thus begins my hiatus from blogging. I will not be posting on my blog or anyone else's blog until that quilt and dress are finished! That will be a great motivator for me to hurry up with my projects :). I hope to return soon, probably in around 3 weeks, hopefully less. Until then, farewell!

8 comments:

une_fille_d'Ève said...

WHAT?!?! How will I know what's going on in your life?! How will we argue/discuss/converse if not through blogger? I guess we can always email, IM, phone, or send messages through Parents Dear. However, don't you dare write any notes in my Bible.
;-)

helen said...

awww. farewell...

those breaks can be great times. :-)

Mrs.B. said...

I will miss you, Susan, but I understand!

Ashley said...

Aww I am sad :-( Oh well! I guess if I am feeling like I need a dose of Susan, then I'll just hop in my car and drive over. ;-) If you need any help let me know!!

Hannah, this means you need to get a blog so we aren't completely Garrison-less for 3 weeks. :-)

zan said...

Fine then. GO make your quilt and dress. See if we care. ; )

une_fille_d'Ève said...

I don't know about getting my own blog... I did, however, tell Susan that I'd be glad to take over her blog during those three weeks and help her spice it up some, but she, um, didn't really like that idea. Her blog just needs to have some balance, instead of being so mathy, theological, and just too completely logical for us not quite so logically wired people - throw in some French here, a little Spanish there, posts about linguistics, my food conconctions, teaching hispanic, Korean, and Japanese kids English, the persecuted church, random thoughts by Hannah, my future plans of living in either a tree or living in a shed, the joys of exercise, the horrors of long hair(since she only mentions the good things about it), and other such things.
Ah well.......


;-)

Becky Miller said...

Hi, Susan! I just commented on your post about courtship/dating. I didn't realize it was such an old(er) post! I see you "know" zan and mrs. b, whom I recognize as commentors on Crystal's biblical womanhood blog.

Susan said...

Hi, Becky! I recognize you from Crystal's and Ashley's blogs. I loved your story (linked from Crystal's blog) about announcing your pregnancy :). I'll be sure to drop by your blog soon, once I catch up on all my blogging and such. I finally just finished my sewing projects, so I'm returning to blogdom :). Yay!