Friday, June 06, 2008

Vaccine Book Review, Pictures, Update

First of all, Adrian finished reading The Vaccine Book (mentioned here) and has posted a review on his almost-forgotten blog.

Hannah and Stephanie left on Wednesday. We were sad to see them go, because we really had a fun time having them here. I'll post some pictures at the end of the post. Stephanie and I let Hannah order us around in the kitchen, in accordance with her whims and experimental inspirations ;-). We had some mighty tasty dishes! We attempted to use our ice cream maker (wedding gift) for the first time, but unfortunately it was a dismal failure. Note: when the instructions say to freeze the bowl for 6-22 hours, the highest time is definitely recommended!

Today we had some very happy news at the midwife's office. The baby finally decided to turn head-down! Thank you all for your prayers :-). Although we can't be certain, I'm pretty sure that what allowed the baby to turn was the Webster technique - a chiropractic technique that focuses on correcting the tail bone, soas (sp?) muscle, round ligaments, and two neck vertebrae that all affect the proper shape of the uterus, and when not properly aligned, can make less room for the baby to turn. In my case, one of my round ligaments was really tight, and his head had been on that side of me for some time without dropping. I think (though not sure) that he rotated down Wednesday evening during a pelvic tilt. Wednesday was the first day I had the Webster technique done. Regardless, I'm just glad he decided to cooperate!

We're only about 2 weeks away from the due date now, though Adrian and I are both predicting I'll go into labor a few days late (Aren't we optimistic?). My mom, on the other hand, is really pulling for tomorrow, since she thinks 06-07-08 would be a nifty birthdate ;-). I'm not banking on that date, though ;-).

I made my first non-prefold today! I made a Rita's Rump Pocket diaper and I love the way it turns out. After I make some more types of diapers, if I haven't had a baby by then, I'll have to post some pictures. Meanwhile, here are some pictures from the past week:

Hannah had a little too much fun with photo ideas. Unfortunately I can't find the few pictures with here in them! We had some taken of her, Stephanie, and me, and I can't find them on our computer. Bummer.

Didn't the colors turn out purty in these ones?

Baby K, meet Baby G. :-)



Poke, poke!



Hannah thought we should duel with our giant chess pieces.

Hercules held them for us afterwards.



My favorite :-).

4 comments:

Lindsy said...

I can't help but smile at how happy people look in those pictures. It's wonderful that everything seems well with the preganancy. How exciting that the baby will be here soon!

Are those chess pieces book ends?

Susan said...

I'm not sure what exactly they're supposed to be used for, actually. Right now they adorn a small end table in our living room.

Kacie said...

How fun! How far along is Stephanie?

I'm going to take a guess at your delivery date, if that's fine.

First, I agree with your mother that today would be a fun birthday to have, but it does seem a bit early, I suppose.

My birthday is on the 9th, and I'd gladly share it (it's a great day to be born!) but it doesn't seem so likely, either.

So, my official guess: June 20! The first day of summer and the longest day of the year in this hemisphere.

And, I'm going to guess your little boy weighs in at 7 lbs., 3 oz.

Kacie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.