Thursday, May 29, 2008

36 (and 1/2) weeks






Hannah is here for a week, so today she snapped some pictures of me :-). Only 3 1/2 weeks left, give or take a few weeks ;-). The women in my church are giving me a baby shower on Saturday, so that will be lots of fun :-). I'm glad Hannah can be here for that.

In some ways I have continued to slow down more, but I also seem to at times have more energy than usual. Very odd. The pregnancy is going great overall, except that it seems this stubborn little boy has yet to follow general convention and turn head down :-P, so we're praying for him to turn, and I'm doing pelvic tilts a few times per day to encourage him in that direction. Also I'm playing classical music or my voice low on my abdomen. Who knows if any of it is truly helpful :-).

I made great strides in my sewing projects list before Hannah got here yesterday, as hoped, and I'm taking a break this week. Can't wait to start back in on some diapers, though! I got a ton of fleece for free off Freecycle to use as diaper lining (microfleece, to wick away moisture) and diaper outers (regular fleece, water resistant).

I'm kind of blanking out on anything more news-worthy happening recently. I'm mainly been sewing and getting ready for a Certain Arrival. Hannah and I are cooking various concoctions this week, and getting in some good walks. Ben's wife Stephanie arrives Saturday evening and stays through Wednesday :-). I'm sure I could think of more I could say, but it's 9:00 p.m., and my brain officially stops functioning at 8:30 p.m. (often earlier), so I should stop now before I start babbling :-).

7 comments:

Jessie said...

Pictures! Yay! You're growing nicely, dear : )
I wish I could be there with Hannah and Stephanie too... We'd all have so much fun!
Well I just wanted to stop in and say hello to you this morning, (Hello!) and now I need to do some dishes and clean the house a little before work so everything will be tidy for our *company* on Sunday. (!)

susanne24 said...

Oh, you look great! I hope that little man gets his head in the right position!

I'll be praying!

Joanna said...

Yay for Freecycle! It's the best, really.

Kacie said...

Thanks for the update! You're carrying quite compactly, in my opinion. Ya look great!

I'll be praying for your little one to flip around :)

Nikki said...

I don't know if this works or not but I knew a lady whose baby was breech and she only had about 3 or so weeks left. Someone told her to shine a flashlight at the very bottom of her belly and that the baby would turn toward the light. Some may call it an old wives tale but it worked for her. I guess it's worth a try. Couldn't hurt. Hope that little fellow turns around.

Nikki

Tammy C said...

Your blog as been intersting to read for the past year.You have had so many changes.I am just looking forward to reading about your new arrival.

ashley @ twentysixcats said...

Thanks for posting pictures. :-)