Monday, September 17, 2007

Miscellaneous Items on Blogging

1. Yes, I finally took down my book lists. I haven't accurately been updating them since April or May, ever since I started wedding planning, and I'll be merging my blog with Adrian's soon anyway. I've been reading in the past few months, but not updating!

2. I've had several people mention to me that they're unable to comment to my blog because of the way I have comments restricted. I wish I didn't have to restrict comments! But I've had blog troll problems in the past, lifted restrictions after a few months (without announcing the lift), and had the same problems again. Rinse, and repeat. It's irritating, to say the least.

To comment to my blog, all you have to do is establish a Blogger account, though. You don't have to give out personal information, or pay a dime. And you don't even have to register a blog, just an account. Visit blogger.com and sign up. It's pretty straightforward, I assure you!

3. I think my sister Hannah is bribe-able, and with payment of dark chocolate, she will probably post some wedding details and preliminary pictures next week, on Monday or Wednesday. So stay tuned for that.

4. I think this will probably be my last post before the wedding. I'm going to lie around and sip tea and eat bon-bons for the next 5 days. . . or frantically get ready for everything. One of the two ;-). So, adieu until early-to-mid October. Adrian and I will be back from our honeymoon trip on October 5th.

Last-minute advice, anyone? :-)

15 comments:

Caroline said...

Breathe in and breathe out. Just remember to look into Adrian's eyes and I am sure you will find that calmness you will need come Saturday.

Oh, and have a good time. Saturday is a day that you will only experience once.

Have fun on the honeymoon and take lots of pictures.

Whitney said...

Everyone told me that "your wedding will be a blur" or that theirs was. My (now) husband and I made a concerted effort not to let this be the case at our wedding. It certainly wasn't; I remember every detail with pristine clarity. It was the best day of my life. Your wedding is on our two month anniversary:)

God bless you!

Becky Miller said...

I am thinking through the advice I normally have for newlyweds who want it, and I think you're ahead of me already!

1. Consider having the wife stay home to focus on being a wife

2. Pray about trusting God with your family size

3. Consider the vision and mission to which God has called you as a married couple

4. Let your marriage and relationship grow through serving God and others together

Now I just need an address to which I can send our gift, as I will be flying to England as you are getting married!

ashley @ twentysixcats said...

Take people up on their offers of help. Let people pamper you. Relax. Enjoy yourself. Try to eat something. Beware of that last prayer time that you have right before walking down the aisle - it will make you cry! (My bridesmaids and mom prayed for me right before, and we were all crying at the end.) Be sure to pause for the cameras - pictures will help keep the memories alive. :-)

I will post pictures next week on my blog (twentysixcats.com) for anyone who is interested. You don't even need to bribe me with dark chocolate. But candy is always appreciated. ;-)

Tammy C said...

Have fun this week!!You have some good advice-the one about looking into Adrian's eyes is good.Actually try to look at his face when you walk down the aisle-if he is anything like my husband he will be almost if not in tears when he sees his beautiful bride coming towards him.

une_fille_d'Ève said...

Be well-supplied with games and food in case of honeymoon boredom.
Don't sneeze during the ceremony.
Don't drink a gallon of water an hour before the ceremony. A mad dash to the facilities does not add a nice effect to the ceremony.
Wear a sign that says, "NO, I'm not nervous, I'm fine; please stop asking me!"
In your out-of-it-ness, don't kiss Lane.
IF you start having second thoughts after the ceremony, just eat some cake. Cake makes everything better.
For the sake of your dress and sanity, stay away from little girls carrying liquid or food around - at least before the ceremony.

I'm so helpful. Maybe I should just publish a book...

Crystal said...

I'm so excited for you both and have been thinking of you a lot this week. We'll miss being there Saturday but I know it will be plenty lovely without us. :)

Kacie said...

Just wishing you all the best! It's going to be a beautiful day, and you'll be beautiful as well. Can't wait to see pictures. Have a fantastic time!

Goodbye, Miss Garrison. Hello, Mrs. Keister!

Jessica said...

Oh wow...I'm so excited for you...I can't believe that it's almost here! I'll miss your posts, but getting married and going on your honeymoon I guess is an okay reason to stop posting for awhile! I can't wait for pictures...

Adrian C. Keister said...

Very wacky ideas there, Hannah. I couldn't help having to keep my sides in while reading them. I have a distinct feeling you're going to be a very fun sister!!! :-)]

In Christ.

Samara said...

OK, I have one bit of advice. If you have time between the ceremony and reception (if you have an evening reception and/or dinner), find a quiet spot and have a nap. I was so beat after our ceremony (from the many sleepless nights before the wedding) that I would have been a tired, cranky mess that evening otherwise.

Best wishes, Susan & Adrian!

estherclark said...

I think you'd rather me not leave you with any advice! ;)

Tammy C said...

It is 12:30 And I guess by now you are married !!

Just came by to say CONGRATS and that I was thinking of you.

Lydia said...

I prayed last night and this morning for you both, your families, and for the ceremony. I sure wish I could have been there, but God had other plans for me. :)

I hope you have a blissful, beautiful honeymoon. Can't wait to see pics from the ceremony. :)

God bless.
~Lydia

ashley @ twentysixcats said...

I put up a bunch of pictures from the wedding over on my site, twentysixcats.com.