Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thankful on Thursday - Sister Dear

This will be quite short, but I didn't want to miss my Thursdays of Thankfulness on Thanksgiving of all weeks! I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving, and don't forget to keep leaving your guesses about my voice (see previous post).

Last week Hannah bemoaned that I hadn't yet waxed thankfully on my Dear Family, so I thought I'd play right into her and be thankful this week for. . . . her :). Other family members will have to wait to be mentioned.

I'm very, very thankful to God for giving me my Dear Sister Hannah, and it's been an incredible amount of fun growing up with her over the years :). We're 25 months apart, and we were simultaneously best friends and worst enemies growing up. I'm thankful that Hannah still loved me even after sharing a room with me for 12 years *knowing grin*. I'm thankful that God allowed us to attend college while living at home, so we can still enjoy each other's comradery :). And I'm thankful that God created sisters (and brothers) as built-in playmates. Family is truly a wonderful blessing, and sisters are no exception :-D.

12 comments:

Miriam Rebekah said...

I'm thankful that Hannah still loved me even after sharing a room with me for 12 years *knowing grin*.

Hmm...That sounds rather familiar. I've shared a bedroom and bed with my sister for the last 11 or 12 years and still am.
It has its ups and downs, but it's fun.

Lydia said...

Susan, that was a very kind and thoughtful post for your Sister Dear. :)

Hannah, I think you better take back the "polar bear" comments about Susan. At least use a more noble caricature of your Sister Dear than a polar bear!

BTW, just a random fact about polar bears while I am thinking of it:

Did you know that polar bear liver is soooo high in Vitamin A that it is considered toxic? If you were to eat polar bear liver you would die shortly thereafter from poisoning!

Now you know something weird about polar bears and you can amaze all your friends. :) Hehe!

Surely Susan is not poisonous for consumption! ;) I rest my case.

Anonymous said...

Hey, but that's perfect! Susan eats so many carrots, she's probably high in vitamin A and therefore likely would be toxic to eat! See the similarities?! Anyway, whether or not she's toxic, I sure don't want to eat her.

Okay, okay... I take it back, you are NOT the polar bear, nor do you resemble polar bears at all. Happy?

I love you too, Sister Dear, and am thankful for you. :-) Are you so thankful for me that you'll let me live in a shed/tree/barn on your land behind your house when/if you get married??

Ashley said...

If she doesn't let you, Hannah, then you can live behind my house. I'm going to have a pretty big backyard and I have two trees (far away from each other, don't worry) reserved for you and Amy. And you may babysit my 3 or 5 or 7 or 9 children anytime. :-)

Maria Pauline said...

Sisters are wonderful. Best friends and playmates. We stayed up past midnight playing monopoly last night. We're still not done.

But I'm glad I've only shared a bedroom with mine for 8 or 9 years. Before that I shared a bed, and bedroom with my parents. :D

zan said...

What's with the polar bear jokes?

That was great info to know, Lydia, thanks so much.

Susan said...

Or 11, or 13, or 15, or. . . Right, Ashley? :-D If you just keep having twins, then you'll never stop, just to try to get an odd number. I think it's a brilliant strategy :).

Zan, the polar bear thing started on my last Thursdays of Thankfulness post, if you reread that :).

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Ashley, you're very kind. :-)

Ben Garrison said...

Ashley said... And you may babysit my 3 or 5 or 7 or 9 children anytime.

What an odd number of children to want...

Susan said...

Ashley is applying her floral arranging skills to family planning. . . She also would like her odd number of children to have complimentary colors. I think a brunette and auburn color theme would be nice :). Oh, and the middle child must be the tallest. Hehe.

Ashley said...

Want to know the craziest thing? I was talking to my sister this weekend, and she said that she wants "around 4 children" - the exact number doesn't matter, as long as it's an even number! Isn't that the funnies thing? It must run in the family.

Susan said...

That is hilarious! Hehe. You two are a riot. Does A.J. want a prime number of children?