Tuesday, March 06, 2007

To keep him or not to keep him?

Sooooo . . . I haven't visited the Garrisons' home in years. It's not that I don't love them, I've just been busy, I suppose. However, this strange guy decided to come into Susan's life and since he's here on a visit, well, someone had to make sure he's okay. With guys these days, you just never know.

He's a friendly sort of fellow. His beard is passable, I suppose. At least Susan likes it. Or at least that's what she claims. Not much she could do about it unless she decided to shave it off when he falls asleep sometime - now that would be a grand idea!

He talks about math as if he was in love with it - that kind of scares me. You'd think it was his life or something. I've always said that anyone who loves math is crazy, so...he's officially CRAZY! Once I get home, I'll see if there's a medical description for this symptom, and if so, I guess he'll be admitted to a hospital for crazies. Then poor Susan will be without a man. Or she could go along with him because she just might be crazy herself for liking him.

Which brings me to something else. Who needs a man anyway?! Come on, all they do is require attention, time, food...and all sorts of work. If a girl wants flowers, she only need move into a cottage covered with roses and then she can have roses anytime she wants...without the hassle of a man.

But to each her own. If she likes him, I suppose he'll do. I've always thought they were perfect for each other, so there's really no way for me to stand in the way of PREDESTINED love. Since there's no way she can resist it, how can I fault her? Or him for that matter. Of course, he's obviously the blessed one here. Any guy who gets a girl is beyond lucky - well, actually he's just out of his element because he does not in any way deserve such a wonderful, amazing, intelligent, beautiful, better-than-him lady! (Adrian just received a bonus point for saying AMEN to the last comment!) I mean, I don't mean to sound cocky, but after God created Adam, he, I assume, realized he could do better. It's well known that before every masterpiece you always produce a rough draft!

As we close, it looks like Adrian just might get to stay because he agreed that women were better! What a somewhat good guy! ;-)

So rest assured, everyone, Adrian is allowed to *drumroll please* stay. He's not being kicked out of the Garrisons' home...and he's not being told that he doesn't make the cut. I've always wanted to tell some guy that he wasn't good enough for my friend, but...what can we say except he gets to stay. And yes, he's paying me good money for this endorsement - or maybe that's just me wishing. To require money, I'd need good blackmail on him. If anyone has some (Lane??), please submit ASAP.

With all the love of a happily single, concerned friend,

Esther, Inc.
Helping Boys Mature Into Men since 1984

12 comments:

Jessie said...

funny : )
Yep he's a keeper.
From what I understand. I just need to meet him too ; )

Anna Naomi said...

Now that was just hilarious.

Good job, Adrian, on making the cut! =)

Lydia said...

I assume this was supposed to be sarcastic. ;)

Just one question: "Esther, do you have any brothers at all?"

They really aren't all that bad. I am kinda' partial to mine (brothers, that is) even if they are not perfect. ;)
Of course, if they were I would not like them a bit because I am not perfect!!!

Just this week my oldest brother asked me when we could get together so he could take me out for lunch soon. (Completely of his own initiative, I assure you). I count my brothers as some of my closest friends.

I think I have read your blog before and all I can discern is that your area is sorely lacking for decent guys or you wouldn't know one if he came and kissed you on the cheek. j/k Hehe!

Okay, I am perhaps being a bit too silly. I do hope that your outlook about men and marriage improves a bit.

And no, I am not star-struck nor especially romantically inclined.

Just trying to keep an open mind and view marriage in light of Scripture with a good amount of reason.

Blessings to you. :)

Adrian, congrats on the affirmative vote. You have Susan's and that is the one that really counts. ;)

une_fille_d'Ève said...

Reply to Lydia,
Yes, Esther does have brothers, 7 in fact, and I don't know if I've ever seen a sister more devoted or quick to speak well of them! She absolutely loves her brothers and is very close to them. I think her problem is that she thinks that her brothers are pretty much the only decent guys around!

Ben said...

Just one question: "Esther, do you have any brothers at all?"

*laugh*

of all the people to ask that... :-)

True Grace said...

That was hilarious!! =) I am glad someone agrees with me on the beard thing!! I am glad that Esther got to meet Adrian! I want to before too much more time goes by!! Although I am kinda doubting if Susan really wants me to meet him. ;)
Grace

Lydia said...

Well, okay so I don't know Esther personally nor how many brothers she has. Seven is four more than I have. :)

Esther, maybe you could employ several of your brothers to help discern a suitable man for you to marry. Although my brothers and I have our own nuances of what we each think is important in a future spouse I think we agree on the basics. I may not marry a man exactly like one of my brothers, but I trust that they would have a proper understanding of what should be evaluated for a future husband. Brothers are certainly useful to have nearby to help discourage unsuitable men from hanging around. ;)

Esther said...

Lydia, as Hannah already said, I do have 7 brothers whom I absolutely adore. I also have a father who is simply amazing. No, I am not against guys or marriage and do hold a Biblical view of it. If the right guy comes along, I look forward to being married and raising a family with him. And if not, then I'll live! ;)

Everyone who knows me can attest that I am very pro marriage and am constantly standing against the stupid feministic junk that is everywhere, especially in college.

I also have a very sarcastic sense of humor and was having some fun with Susan.

and yes, Hannah is right - it's hard to meet guys that exceed the amazingness of "my guys". One day it will happen. I do know some good guys - in fact, some great ones - but they just don't hold my attention. :) And when I finally marry, I know I'll have to eat a lot of my words because I appear to be a cynic...but I'd prefer to call myself a realist.

To all those who are happily married or in a relationship...my congratulations to you! And to those of us who are single, well, go buy yourself a bouqet of flowers - they're less than $4 at Wal-Mart! ;)

zan said...

Esther,

I'm a realist, too. I completely understand your sense of humor, too. Thanks, that was an enjoyable read.

Sherrin said...

I know I shouldn't break it to Esther, but the truth is that I became engaged on the weekend. I wonder if Esther would approve of him? Regardless, I am keeping him.

Susan said...

*squeals with delight* I'm not keeping up with blogging much right now, but Mother Dear did see comments on your blog, and had informed me :-). I'm so happy for you, Sherrin!

zan said...

Congratulations, Sherrin!