Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Hi there from Sister Dear!

Hello, Blogger World!
Mother Dear and I just thought an update would be nice. :-) So, Susan is very nice to let me take over her blog and post a short update, pictures, and a poem from yours truly. We had a lovely visit with Adrian. For part of his visit, we had to take him to Stone Mountain. We spent a lot of time there growing up, so it's a memory-filled place for us, plus anyone visiting down here has got to see Stone Mountain if you ask me. It's just cool! We hiked up and showed him around a bit and had a picnic. And, can you believe it, he hadn't ever eaten at Chick-fil-A! Down here, that's a real oddity, like not having e-mail or something. So, we stopped by there on our way back from Stone Mountain. It worked out quite nicely.

I was so struck with the wonderfulness and beauty of friction while we were walking up Stone Mountain (with some rather steep parts) that I just had to write an Ode to Friction. Here you have it! And then pictures below that. :-)


An Ode to Friction

Away we look up the great big rock
Our destination is the very top!
We march away with firm determination
To get to our great destination

Though the first part up is rather un-steep
Still Friction must assist and guide our feet
As we travel further and the going gets rougher
Keeping a sure foot-hold gets even tougher

Friction, my friend, my ever-present helper!
What a blessing you get the further upper
That we trod upon this great big rock
For you keep me from many falls and unpleasant shock

I place my foot with confidence and trust
I know you won’t let me fall to the dust
My feet are set on an incline so great
And your God-given powers keep me standing straight

Friction, friction, what wonders you bear!
What this world would be without you there
We’d have slipping and sliding and all things colliding
Thank God for you, our companion, ever-abiding












1. Playing Apples to Apples. Ashley, Paul, and Amy (Ashley's sister) came over for a fun evening of food, chess, comic books, and sewing!

2. Resting while hiking up. (Friction is even hard at work here, while we're sitting!!)

3. At the top, holding hands (everyone say, "aw!"), looking at the amazing view, and pointing out certain landmarks to Adrian.

4. I think they're kind of happy.

5. In front of the carving! Sadly the carving isn't all that clear in this picture.

6. In front of my dream house. ;-)

7. I think Adrian likes Susan's hair a little too much. He took this picture.

That's all for now, folks!

--Hannah, aka Sister Dear

15 comments:

Mrs.B. said...

Oh yay!! Love the pictures! (o:

Ashley said...

Hehe this made me laugh! :-) Although I'm not sure if you should put my name there with the caption of the first picture, since all you can see is my left hand and knee. But I won! Hehe :-)

I had fun with y'all!! And fun meeting Adrian.

Hooray for Stone Mountain!! :-)

Anna Naomi said...

Thanks for the update, Hannah. =) I enjoyed the pictures as well. Susan, your hair is so pretty!

True Grace said...

Thanks for that update Hannah!! I didn't notice in the pic you sent me over e-mail that they were holding hands!! =O The pics.....well wow! They say a lot, huh?!?
Yeah, I think that Adrian must be obsessed with Susan's hair. Kinda scary. ;) You think he would still like her if she didn't have it all?!? =)
Grace

Robert said...

Nice pictures.Great view from the top of Stone mountain.You can never like nice long hair too much.

zan said...

You have a gift, Hannah. Never hide it!

Susan, DOES have such pretty hair. I think I will go cut mine now.

Lydia said...

So, was the trip to Stone Mountain for a special occasion, maybe like for a special photo session? Just wonderin'. ;)

Very sweet pictures and bee-yoo-ti-ful view. :)

Wow! That is quite the hair, Susan. Probably something I could picture on Rupunzel. :)

I am trying to grow mine out for now. At least until I can't tolerate the loads of shampoo, extra long shower time and extra warmth on my back any longer.

Hope to see more pics soon. Maybe some "hand shots" would be nice. Hehe. ;)

Susan said...

*smile* Nope, we won't be posting any hand shots anytime soon, my dear. ;-) And I'm not just dodging the question. Hehe.

Tammy C said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures.looks like everyone is having fun in getting to know Adrian better.

Becky Miller said...

These make me very happy.

Ashley said...

Happy birthday to Susan!!! :-D

Meg G said...

Yeah, what Ashley said! Happy Birthday!!

une_fille_d'Ève said...

Bon anniversaire, chère sœur!

Anna Naomi said...

Happy birthday, dear Susan! I hope you've had a wonderful one!

Robert said...

Happy birthday!.Hope you had a nice one.