Sunday, April 13, 2008

30 weeks (one week shy of 7 months)








After much pestering from various family and friends ;-), here is an updated pregnancy picture, taken this morning before church. It is getting so pretty and warm outside, which I am loving, although I am getting overheated more easily, with this extra weight :-P.

The skirt in the picture is just a regular elastic waist skirt I made a while ago, and I made the light green top using Simplicity 3762. I love the way it turned out - such a pretty pattern :-). I'd like to make a few more maternity tops soon, but I've also been working on various other projects, like general clothing alterations and repairs, baby gifts for other women in the church (3 babies born since we came in January, and 2 more due any day). My windows still don't have curtains on them! I am determined those will get done soon, and I have all the material for them. And I think I'm going to make a quilted diaper bag; I couldn't bring myself to register for a $30 one, when I could make one for free using material I already had.

I've been finding myself napping a little more frequently, but still not completely feeling weighed down yet. My only complaint really is achy hips, which come and go, but they're manageable if I'm careful with posture et al. Midwife visits are every two weeks now, since I'm in the third trimester, which means two 45-minute drives out to the birth center per month :-P, but I do want to make sure I get to meet with each of the midwives at least a few times a piece before the birth. Adrian and I have been taking Bradley method classes and finding them very informative. I hope I can give a more authoritative recommendation on Bradley after putting it into practice ;-), but for now I'll just say that we're definitely benefiting from the course. We've had 7 or 8 classes, and a few more to go.

April 2nd was a year since Adrian proposed :-). What a lot has changed in a year! Lots of good things, I think ;-).

10 comments:

ashley @ twentysixcats said...

Yay! Thanks for the pictures! And the updates. :-)

Claire said...

What great photos...you look so pretty... and spring-y! :)

Thanks for sharing!

susanne24 said...

Oh, You look so good. What a pretty top. Where has the time gone?

I forgot to include in my e-mail to thankyou for offering to make me a sling. I don't think I need one and you sound busy enough. Maybe for the next baby.

For some reason, I cannot open my e-mail this morning. (?)

Eltinwe said...

That's such a lovely top - I was going to ask where you got it! I wish I had more time to make things myself. I actually broke down and bought a few real maternity clothes, including a pair of jeans... not that you'd want those, but me not being a skirt person, it's amazing how much I missed having jeans!

And a year since he proposed... amazing how fast life can move, isn't it? Our 5 year anniversary is Saturday, and even that doesn't seem like long.

Jessica said...

YAY...new pregnant pictures! I saw the updated profile picture on Facebook too and was very excited... You look beautiful...I love the top...

Beth said...

Your top is so cute! :-) I'm going to have to pick up that pattern and make one for myself.

Anna Naomi said...

Great pictures! You look so pretty, and like everyone else I really like your top! It's so graceful! =)

Tammy C said...

Nice to see that you like you are expecting.You aren't kidding that alot has changed in a year.It does seem to be for the best.

Jessie said...

Oh, I REALLY like that shirt now I see it even better! I wouldn't mind one like that *now* (just with a narrower waist!).
And so that's (the outside of) your apartment?! It looks so cozy and cute! It reminds me of my grandparents' apartment for some reason. Maybe they were built around the same time.
I like craigslist too, but haven't actually bought or sold anything there yet. My schedule lately has kept me not only from going to yard sales (the name we use for them here!) but from having one too! I have so much stuff boxed up waiting for a Saturday that isn't rainy and cold, and isn't a day that I'm either working, out of town, or sick. Will it ever happen!?!? Maybe one of these days.
Thanks for the update! You should be finding out soon why I asked those mysterious bathroom questions on facebook. Though after I asked I did remember that nice lighthouse shower curtain, and what colors you had! I think it will all be good... ;-)
Here's a cyber hug for you and baby. Hope to see you before too much longer! Love you!

Samara said...

That top is very pretty; I like the color. Your baby belly is adorable!