Asking me to list one book for any category is just plain mean. Picking my favorite book is like picking my favorite star in the sky. I'll try, though. John tagged me for this meme, and Jessica also did it on her blog. I'm restricting my answers to exclude the Bible, for the sake of variety.
1. One book that changed your life: Stepping Heavenward by Elizabeth Prentiss.
2. One book that you've read more than once: Anne of the Island by Lucy Maud Montgomery.
3. One book you'd want on a desert island: The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
4. One book that made you laugh: The Importance of Being Ernest by Oscar Wilde
5. One book that made you cry: The Suitcases by Ann Hall Whitt
6. One book that you wish had been written: The Memoirs of Mary, Mother of Jesus
7. One book that you wish had never been written: On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection, or the Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life by Charles Darwin
8. One book you're currently reading: Statistics: Picturing the World by Ron Larson and Betsy Farber. . . okay, okay, is it obvious I'm planning for my classes that start next week? ;-)
9. One book you've been meaning to read: Institutes of the Christian Religion by John Calvin
10. Now tag four people: Jessie, Lydia, Ashley, and Becky. . . and anyone else who would like to post on their blog or share in the comments section and hasn't already been tagged. I didn't choose anyone who doesn't have a blog, but I'd like to hear from some of my non-blogging blog friends or my lurkers :).